WOOD FLOOR POLISHING IN LONDON YOU CAN TRUST
A thorough job
We believe in the value of thorough preparation during all the vital stages of refinishing a wooden floor. Stains and sealants need several recommended coats - and adequate drying time - so a degree of patience is required. We don’t rush and we won’t skimp.
Buffing and polishing takes skill to create an even finish on the floor. Uneven or bumpy areas soak up stains and sealants - and can leave unsightly dull or dark patches.
Floors are rarely conventional in shape - so we use edging orbitals and buffers and handtools for awkward corners. We also remove all ugly traces of bitumen or ‘Victorian’ style black wax on the floor.
As for that old concrete fire hearth..? We’ll remove it and fill in the gap with matching flooring.
Prepare to polish your wooden floors!
What is it about a beautiful, polished, natural wooden floor?
The gloss and the sheer warmth – for an alluring welcome..
A symbol of class, quality and refinement…
Or the way it reflects light – in harmony with the sun and the universe, the provider of energy and supporter of life.
Apart from good looks, a wooden floor is durable, easy to maintain and to keep clean - the most hygienic choice in the home or office.
To attain this desirable state does require maintenance – with too many floors left to a sad and dreary decline.
Get help from Wood Floor Polishing Co.!
Floor sanding is the first stage in renovating a wooden floor back to its original condition. And with the large choice of modern floor products, you could well enjoy a floor that is superior to the original version.
At a modest cost compared to a new floor or - dare we say - covering the old one with carpets.
So if you have an underappreciated floor - at home or in your office, school or business - call on Wood Floor Polishing Co.
We work on all kinds of floors throughout Greater London and the Home Counties.
Contact us today for your free assessment
.. and for a floor you’ll look forward to polishing
Take pride in your wooden floors - call on the wood floor polishing experts
LATEST NEWS, RECOMMENDED ARTICLES & TIPS
Why sandpaper is the key to great wood floor sanding
Sandpaper. It's a simple thing but it's the key to getting the finish you want on your wooden floors.
Ranging from coarse to fine grits,each has its purpose in creating the kind of professional wood floor sanding finish that adds a real wow factor to your home.
Use the right sequence
It's easy to skip this stage, but once you understand what each grade of sandpaper does you'll understand why it's crucial not to.
Each grade of sandpaper cuts into the floor, from the initial coarse cuts that remove the old finish to the subsequent ever finer cuts that remove the scratches left by the previous grade of sandpaper until you have a perfectly smooth surface.
Don't skip more than one grade
You'll always start with a coarse grit as this is the most effective way to remove scratches, damage and old varnish. But this grade also leaves the deepest scratches, so if you then jump to a fine grade you'll never get rid of them because the sandpaper simply isn't coarse enough to cut through. The exact number of grades of sandpaper you'll need vary with the floor you're refinishing, but a minimum of three cuts is generally recommended - coarse, medium and fine grits that will progressively polish out the marks left by the previous grades.
When determining the grades of sandpaper you need to use, it's a good idea to work backwards from the finest grit. So,for example, if you've decided to do three passes with the sander and you're using a 100 grit sandpaper for the final pass, your sequence could be 40-60-100.
Test it out
To make sure you have the correct grit sequence, start by doing a test patch using your coarsest grit of sandpaper.
If the area is completely clean and bare, then you've chosen the right starting grade and you can work through the rest of the sequence accordingly.
Buff it up
To create the perfect finish once you've finished with the drum and edge floor sanding equipment, you'll need to finish with a buffer and 100 or 120 grit paper that puts a consistent and even finish across the floor ready for varnishing or polishing.
Our Wood floor polishing and renovation services cover the following London's areas and poscodes:
Professional Wood Floor Polishing in West London
Postcodes Covered : W3, W2, W4, W5, W13, SW16, UB6, W5, W6, W5, W7, TW7, NW10, NW6, W8, W10, W9, W1, W11, W2, UB6, W12, UB8, SW10, W13, W1, W14,
• Acton, W3 • Bayswater, Paddington, W2 • Chiswick, W4 • Ealing, W5, W13 • Fulham, SW16 • Greenford, UB6 • Hammersmith, W5, W6 • Hanger Lane, W5 • Hanwell, W7 • Holland Park • Isleworth, TW7 • Kensal Green, NW10, NW6 • Kensington, W8 • Ladbroke Grove, W10 • Maida Vale, W9 • Marylebone • Mayfair, W1 • North Kensington • Notting Hill, W11 • Osterley • Paddington, W2 • Perivale, UB6 • Queens Park • Shepherds Bush, W12 • Strand • Uxbridge, UB8 • Warwick Avenue • West Brompton, SW10 • West Ealing, W13 • West End, W1 • West Kensington, W14 • West London
Dustless Wood Floor Polishing in Central London
Postcodes Covered : W1, WC1, EC1, EC2, EC3, EC4, WC2, WC1, WC2, W1, SE3, WC1, WC2,
• Barbican • Belgravia, SW1 • Bloomsbury, WC1 • Central London, EC1, EC2, EC3, EC4 • Clerkenwell • Covent Garden, WC2 • Grays Inn • Holborn, WC1, WC2 • Monument • Moorgate • Shoreditch • Soho, W1 • St Marys Cray • St Pauls Cray • St. Pauls • Tower Hill, SE3 • Westminster, WC1, WC2
Eco Friendly Wood Floor Polishing in North London
Postcodes Covered : N22, N19, N1, EC1, N8, N2, N9, N18, EN1, EN2, EN3, N3, EC1, N4, N11, N5, N6, N7, N8, N1, N9, N7, N10, N12, NW12, N13, HA5, N15, N14, N16, N17, TW1, TW2, N18, N19, N20, N21, N22,
• Alexandra Palace, N22 • Archway, N19 • Barnet • Canonbury, N1 • Cockfosters, EC1 • Crouch End, N8 • East Barnet • East Finchley, N2 • Edmonton, N9, N18 • Enfield, EN1, EN2, EN3 • Epping Forest • Finchley Central, N3 • Finsbury, EC1 • Finsbury Park, N4 • Fortis Green • Friern Barnet, N11 • Highbury, N5 • Highgate, N6 • Holloway, N7 • Hornsey, N8 • Islington, N1 • Lower Edmonton, N9 • Lower Holloway, N7 • Manor House • Muswell Hill, N10 • New Barnet • New Southgate • North Finchley, N12, NW12 • North London • Palmers Green, N13 • Pinner, HA5 • Seven Sisters • South Tottenham, N15 • Southgate, N14 • Stoke Newington, N16 • Tottenham, N17 • Totteridge • Tufnell Park, TW1, TW2 • Upper Edmonton, N18 • Upper Holloway, N19 • Whetstone, N20 • Winchmore Hill, N21 • Wood Green, N22 • Woodside Park
Expert Wood Floor Polishing in Southeast London
Postcodes Covered : SE20, SE3, SE4, SE5, SE6, SE7, CR0, SE19, SE8, SE21, SE22, SE9, SE23, SE10, SE24, SE11, SE1, SE12, SE13, SE14, SE15, SE16, DA14, SE25, SE1, SE26, SE2, SE28, SE17, SE27, SE18,
• Abbey Wood • Addington • Anerley / Penge, SE20 • Beckenham • Blackheath, SE3 • Borough • Brockley, SE4 • Camberwell, SE5 • Catford, SE6 • Charlton, SE7 • Chislehurst • Crofton Park • Cross • Croydon, CR0 • Crystal Palace, SE19 • Deptford, SE8 • Dulwich, SE21 • East Croydon • East Dulwich, SE22 • Elephant & Castle • Eltham, SE9 • Eltham Park • Forest Hill, SE23 • Greenwich, SE10 • Grove Park • Herne Hill, SE24 • Hither Green • Honor Oak Park • Kennington, SE11 • Lambeth, SE1 • Lee, SE12 • Lewisham, SE13 • New Cross, SE14 • North Woolwich • Peckham, SE15 • Plumstead • Rotherhithe, SE16 • Shirley • Sidcup, DA14 • South Bermonsey • South Croydon • South Norwood, SE25 • Southeast London • Southwark, SE1 • Southwark • Sydenham, SE26 • Thamesmead, SE2, SE28 • Upper Norwood • Walworth, SE17 • Waterloo • West Norwood, SE27 • Woolwich, SE18
Fantastic Wood Floor Polishing in East London
Postcodes Covered : EC3, IG11, BR3, SE20, E2, E3, BR1, E16, IG7, E4, E5, RM9, RM10, E6, E7, E8, E9, E14, E10, E11, E12, E13, E14, RM1, E18, E1, E15, E16, E17, E1, E18,
• Aldgate, EC3 • Barking, IG11 • Becontree, BR3, SE20 • Bethnal Green, E2 • Bexley • Bow, E3 • Bromley, BR1 • Bromley-by-Bow • Canning Town, E16 • Chigwell, IG7 • Chingford, E4 • Clapton, E5 • Dagenham, RM9, RM10 • Dalston • East End • East Ham, E6 • East London • Forest Gate, E7 • Grange Hill • Hackney, E8 • Highams Park • Homerton, E9 • Isle Of Dogs / Docklands / Poplar, E14 • Leyton, E10 • Leytonstone, E11 • Manor Park, E12 • Plaistow, E13 • Poplar, E14 • Redbridge • Romford, RM1 • South Woodford, E18 • Stamford Hill • Stepney, E1 • Stratford, E15 • Upper Wandsworth • Upton Park • Victoria Docks, E16 • Walthamstow, E17 • West Ham • Whitechapel, E1 • Woodford, E18
Dust-Free Wood Floor Polishing in Northwest London
Postcodes Covered : NW2, NW1, NW9, NW2, NW2, NW11, NW3, NW3, HA1, HA3, HA1, NW4, NW5, NW6, NW9, NW7, NW2, NW6, NW8, NW3, HA0, NW10,
• Brent Cross, NW2 • Camden Town, Regent's Park, NW1 • Colindale, Kinsbury, NW9 • Cricklewood, NW2 • Cricklewood, Neasden, NW2 • Golders Green, NW11 • Greenhill • Hampstead, NW3 • Hampstead Heath, NW3 • Harlesden • Harrow, HA1, HA3 • Harrow on the Hill, HA1 • Havering • Hendon, NW4 • Kentish Town, NW5 • Kilburn, NW6 • Kingsbury, NW9 • Mill Hill, NW7 • Neasden, NW2 • Northolt • Northwest London • Queens Park, NW6 • Regents Park • St Johns Wood, NW8 • Sudbury • Swiss Cottage, NW3 • Temple Fortune • Wembley, HA0 • West Hampstead • Willesden, NW10
Numatic Wood Floor Polishing in Southwest London
Postcodes Covered : SW12, SW13, SW11, TW8, SW2, SW3, KT9, SW4, SW5, SW18, SW14, KT10, TW3, TW9, KT1, KT2, SW1, SW8, SW19, SM4, SW14, SW8, SW16, SW6, SW1, SW15, TW9, TW10, SW15, SW7, SW20, SW9, SW16, SW16, SW17, SW18, SW19, SW10,
• Balham, SW12 • Barnes, SW13 • Battersea, Clapham Junction, SW11 • Beddington • Brentford, TW8 • Brixton, SW2 • Brompton • Chelsea, Brompton, SW3 • Chessington, KT9 • Clapham, SW4 • Clapham Junction • Earl's Court, SW5 • Earlsfield, SW18 • East Sheen, SW14 • East Sheen • Epsom • Esher, KT10 • Hook • Hounslow, TW3 • Kew, TW9 • Kingston, KT1, KT2 • Knightsbridge, SW1, SW8 • Merton, SW19 • Mitcham • Morden, SM4 • Mortlake, SW14 • Nine Elms, SW8 • Norbury, SW16 • Parsons Green, SW6 • Parsons Green • Pimlico, SW1 • Putney, SW15 • Raynes Park • Richmond, TW9, TW10 • Roehampton, SW15 • South Kensington, SW7 • South Lambeth • South Wimbledon, Raynes Park, SW20 • Southfields • Southwest London • Stockwell, Brixton, SW9 • Streatham, SW16 • Streatham Hill, SW16 • Surrey • Teddington • Tooting, SW17 • Twickenham • Wandsworth, SW18 • Weston Green • Wimbledon, SW19 • Woodmansterne • Worcester Park • Worlds End, SW10